Ayutthaya Sightseeing - Ayutthaya Sightseeing Tour at Ayutthaya Province.
Event - Festival of Ayutthaya
Tour and Hotel in Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya Sightseeing Tour - Tourist s' Attraction of Ayutthaya
|Summer Palace Ayutthaya , Thailand|
Bang – Pa – In Palace or Summer Palace ; In the reign of King Naresuan, as King Ekathosarot sailed along the Chao Phraya River, he got shipwrecked on his way back. He swam to the “Lane Island” where he met his concubine named “In”. Later she gave birth to a son who was looked after by Phrayasithumathirat.
|Wat Yai Chaiya Mongkol or Big Pagoda Temple Ayutthaya , Thailand|
Wat Yai Chaimongkhon ; In 1357 after Chao Keow and Chao Thai were cremated, King U – Thong converted Pagoda and Wihara into a monastery named “Wat Pa Keow” for the order of monks who practiced meditation. Then it was called “ Wat Chao Phraya Thai ” according to the name of Somdej Phrawanarat
|Wat phrasisanphet Ayutthaya , Thailand|
Wat Phra Si Sanphet ; Located in the grand palace compound, it was used as a residential palace since the reign of King Ramathibodi I (Phra Chao U – Thong). In 1448, during the reign of King Borom Trai Lokanath , it was dedicated as the royal chapel. The prominence of this monastery is the three pagodas in which the ashes of three Kings – King Borom Trai Lokanath, King Borom Rachathirat III and King Ramathibodi II, were enshrined.
|Vihara Pra Mongkhonbophit Ayutthaya , Thailand.|
Vihara Pra Mongkhonbophit ; Pra Mongkhonbophit is made of brick covered with bronze and gilt. It is assumed it was built in the reign of Somdej Phra Chairacha in 1538, enshrined outdoor at Wat Chichiang. Later on, King Song-Tham had the Buddha image moved to the south-west of Wat Phra Sri Sanphet and covered with Mondopa. Wihara Phra Mongkhonbophit was baddly burnt in 1767, the lotus bud and the right hand of the image were broken down. In the reign of King Rama V Phraya Boranrachthanin, former Ayutthaya governer, restored the image with stucco and gilt.
|Wat Na Phrameru Rachikaram Ayutthaya , Thailand.|
Wat Na Phrameru Rachikaram Oung-In in the reign of King Ramathibodi II, the tenth king of Ayutthaya,ordered the construction of this temple in 1499 A.D.The temple was the place where the king of Thailand and the king of Burma agreed on the peace issue and as a witness they had brought the Buddha image, the holy book and monks there.After that in 1760 A.D. the king of Burma had invaded Thailand and used this temple to place canons and fired them into the Royal Palace area. One of this shells hit a part of royal palace named Suriya Ammarin and destroyed it.
|Wat Mahathat Ayutthaya , Thailand.|
Wat Mahathat was restored once again during the reign of King Borommakot (1732-1758 A.D.) when four porticos of the main prang were added. In 1767 A.D. when Ayutthaya was sacked the wat was burnt and has since then been in ruins.Wat Mahathat was a royal monastery and has been the seat of the Sangaraja, the head of the Buddhist monks of the Kamavasi sect, since the time of the Mahathera Thammakanlayan, who was a ontemporary of King Borommarachathirat 1, who built the wat.
|Wat Panan Choeng Ayutthaya , Thailand.|
Wat Panan Choeng ; Wat Panan Choeng is an old monastery housing Thailand'slargest ancient Buddha image, known as "Luang Po To".A historical cronicle states that this gilded stucco image was built in A.D.1344, some 26 years before the establishment of Ayutthaya as the capital of the Thai Kingdom in A.D.1350.
|Wat Lokayasutharam Ayutthaya , Thailand.|
Wat Lokayasutharam :has a mysterious past, whereby its origins are unknown The temple enshrines a Largest Reclining Buddha Image which was built during The Early Period of the Ayutthaya Region. The other two ancient temple, as well as the ruined site also surround the compound area
|Wat Chaiwattanaram Ayutthaya , Thailand|
Wat Chaiwattanaram of Ayutthaya, Thailand, was built in 1630 by King Prasat Thong (1635-1655, refer to Ayutthaya History) to celebrate his victory over the Khmers. And to make merit for his mother, he sited the temple on his mother's old residence.
|Wat Phutthaisawan in Ayutthaya Thailand.|
Wat Phutthaisawan ;Almost due south of the old town, on the south bank of the Chaophraya River, is the very old temple of Wat Phutthaisawan. With its freshly whitewashed classically styled prang, the temple is easy to overlook. Most guidebooks do, but don't you make that mistake. The temple, with its skewed architecture, is quite interesting
|Wat Ratchburana Ayutthaya , Thailand.|
Wat Ratchburana in Ayutthaya , In 1424 A.D. King Intharachathirat passed away. His two sons, Chao Aye Phraya who reigned over Suphanburi, and Chao Yi Phraya who reignned over Sanburi, met in battle as each desired the throne. This took place at the approach to the Pa-Than bridge and ended with the death of both sons.
|Japanese village Ayutthaya Thailand.|
Japanese village Ayutthaya Thailand.
|Wat Phraram Ayutthaya Thailand.|
Wat Phra Ram, Ayutthaya
|Saint Joseph Church Ayutthaya , Thailand|
Saint Joseph Church Ayutthaya
|Chao Sam Phraya National Museum, Ayutthaya|
The Chao Sam Phraya National Museum in Ayutthaya
|Ayutthaya River Scenery in Ayutthaya Thailand|
River Scenery in Ayutthaya Thailand. An attractive trip when you are in Ayutthaya is to take a boat ride and have fun while enjoying lunch or dinner on the "Rice Boat", but modernized with facilities, e.g. TV and Karaoke. The once "Rice Boat" is now built as a restaurant travelling along the river around Ayutthaya and Bang Pa-In for tourists.
|Elephant Camp in Ayutthaya Thailand|
Ayutthaya Riding on the Elephant's Back The tourist attraction here is to ride on the elephant's back and walk around part of the old capital. The distance is not far because there are many tourists waiting for their turns, and the owner does not want elephants to be too tired. Experience this riding while you are in Ayutthaya.
|[Go to top]|