||Welcome aboard River Sun Cruise " Ayutthaya Full Day Tour by River Cruise "
" AYUTTHAYA " The Ancient City in Thailand, was the former Thai capital for 417 years. The city used to prosper being head of dominant empire and the centre of trade between the East and European countries, such as Britain, France and Holland. Recently declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Historic Ayutthaya temples are scattered throughout this once magnificent city and along the surrounding rivers. River Sun Cruise has selected the highlights of the site for your visit including Summer Palace, at Maha That, Wat Lokayasutharam and Wat Na Phra Mane.
Tour Itinerary of Ayutthaya River Cruise by River Sun Cruise
06.30 Hrs. Pick up from the major hotels in Bangkok.
08.00 Hrs. Depart by Coach from the River City Shopping Complex .
09.30 Hrs. Arrive at the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace, built during the Ayutthaya Area. The palace is beautifully decorated in both traditional Chinese and European Style 10.30 Hrs. Arrive at Ayutthaya, the Ancient City, which was the former Thai capital for over 400 years. Nowadays the glory and the beauty of the Grand palace and temples of its past has vanished, leaving merely a glimpse of ruins, despite this it is a good reflection of the past. River Sun Cruise brings you a combination of both the ruins and the remaining historical attractions.
- Wat Maha That : Over 600 years old, Wat Maha That was the heart and soul of the Ayutthaya people. It was almost completely destroyed by the Burmese during Thai-Burmese war. - Wat Na Phra Mane : Remains in perfect condition, as it was used as the Burmese headquarters. The splendid Golden Buddha, dressed in regal attire, was placed in the temple along with the three thousand-year-old green stone carved Buddha. Both are considered as extremely valuable national relics.
- Wat Lokayasutharam : has a mysterious past, whereby its origins are unknown. The temple enshrines a Largest Reclining Buddha Image which was built during The Early Period of the Ayutthaya Region. The other two ancient temples, as well as the ruined site also surround the compound area.
12.45 Hrs. Arrival Wat Chong Lom Pier. And Depart Wat Lokayasutharam for the River Sun Cruise, Buffet Lunch : " Delicious Meals served in the luxurious surroundings of the cruise boat ". A full menu of Thai and European cuisines, desserts, seasonal fruits, coffee, and tea. Throughout the journey you are able to watch the Chao Phraya River banks scenery from the River Sun Cruise, either on deck in the fresh cool tropical air or from the refreshing air-conditioned passenger room Either view you get an amazing ling clear view of the life of the inhabitants that dwell along the river, and the unforgettable scenery of children as they greet the visitors going by, making it an altogether worth while experience.
15.45 Hrs. Arriving at the City. end of Ayutthaya River Cruise trip
DRESS RESTRICTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
During this tour, visits will be made to a former Royal Palace and areas of religious significance. Therefore, appropriate attire is required.
* No shorts
* No flip flops, slippers or open toe shoes.
* Shoulders must be covered
* T-shirts are permitted
* No culottes or 3/4 pants
* No figure hugging clothes, aerobics or exercise dress
* No sports wear (ie. tracksuits)
* No see through clothing
* Ladies can wear trousers (to the ankle)
* Jeans are allowed for both men and women
* If visitor wishes to wear shorts for the tour, a sarong or similar may have to be worn at certain points.